Adopting an animal from the center is so much more than simply adding a furry family member to your home. All pets deserve a loving household and regardless of how they find their way into your family, they will likely bring years of happiness. But, adoption saves lives and benefits your community as well by reducing the homeless pet population. Not to mention, for a minimal fee, you'll get all of the unconditional love from an animal that has been socialized and received high quality, up-to-date veterinarian care.
Follow these easy steps for an enjoyable adoption:
Visit the center or check out our Petfinder page to see
the animals available to adopt
(visit the center to apply for all other animals)
Adopt and welcome your furry family member home!
Don't worry if you don't find your perfect match right away. We receive new animals on a daily basis and your approved application is valid for 90 days. If you're not quite sure that you're ready to adopt, we'd love to have you join our foster program.
If you have the need for cats that would prefer to spend most of their days outdoors, earning their keep by controlling rodent populations, we have an adoption program for you. Some cats in our care have no desire to be a snuggly, lap cat, but they will thrive in settings such as the security and comfort of a barn and companionship of the other farm animals or perhaps in a workshop or warehouse. Working or "Barn" cats are available.
All of our adopted cats and dogs are spayed or neutered, microchipped and current on vaccinations. Also, be sure to ask about behavioral training options for our dogs.
We reserve the right to deny any adoption. The minimum requirements for approved adopters are:
- Eighteen (18) years of age or older
- Able to provide valid identification and proof of residency
- If applicable, able to provide proof of permission to have pets on property not owned by the adopter
- Able to provide proof that existing household pets are current with vaccinations (bring this with you if you visit with the intent to adopt)
- If required, able to conduct "meet and greet" session at the animal center with existing household pet(s)
- Able to complete adoption process in person
- Payment of adoption fees
As an adopter, you will always have access to support from our staff and we love to get regular updates. Don't worry if for any reason it doesn't work out, we are happy to take the animal back and help you find your next pet when you are ready to try again.
Fees are subject to change without notice and may vary for promotional opportunities. Cash, check and credit/debit card payments are accepted, processing fees may apply. Our standard, non-refundable adoption fees are:
- $50 per kitten, adult cat and adult dog
- $85 per puppy (12 months old or younger)
- $25 per rabbit (adopted rabbits are spayed or neutered)
- $10 per small animal
Discounts are available for active duty or military veterans, first responders and employees of Williamson County Government. We proudly partner with Pets for Patriots to offer additional benefits for U.S. military veterans.