Surrendering Your Family Pet

If circumstances are such that you can no longer keep your family pet, WCAC accepts pets belonging to residents of Williamson County by appointment only.

A photo of a black mixed breed puppy.


We know that surrendering is a difficult decision, and our goal is to help you keep your pet, if possible. If you need temporary assistance with pet food, please let us know. We want you to be able to keep your pet.


Complete the appropriate form(s) below and a staff member will contact you to schedule an appointment, surrendered animals will not be accepted without an appointment.

If you are surrendering a dog, please complete this online owner surrender form.

If you are surrendering a cat, please complete this owner surrender form.

If you are surrendering an adult cat with kittens, please complete the form for the adult and indicate that it has kittens.

If you are surrendering multiple adult or cats over the age of 6 months, please complete a surrender form for each cat. 

Please bring any medical records you may have with you. 

After your pet is surrendered, our goal is to find it the best possible new home.